Sunday, March 30, 2008

Where did my baby boy go??????




I've heard it a trillion times, but I now know what everyone means...they DO grow up soooooo fast! Parks is only 2 1/2, but I can already envision him packing up for college...crazy, I know. Any mom out there gets where I coming from. Let me just brag for a minute on my boy...he is smart as a whip. A few recent examples:

*He can sing his ABC's perfectly, and even ends with the "now I know my ABC's song"...this is good for 2, right??!

*The other night in the tub, Davis was chewing on a foam shaped 2. Parks said, "Davis is learning the number 2"...how did he know that was a 2?!?!?

*Yesterday we made our rounds of birthday parties. One of the favors was a magnetic fishing set. He's had fun playing with it. This morning he went and got some of his Thomas trains to fish for. Not so brilliant to the untrained eye, but he had made the connection that if the fishing magnet can pick up these fish that have magnets, they must be able to pick up the trains that also have magnets. See...brilliant!! (Whoever is reading this better not be rolling their eyes!!!)

Parks really is something else...he is constantly saying something that makes us go, "How in the world did he know that!?!?" I really can't remember when he couldn't talk, and I swear that his brain is always ticking. He studies everything so closely and asks questions all the time that show us that he's thinking.

Aside from his obvious brilliance:), he is pretty much a regular 2 year old. "NO!!" is his favorite word...Daddy is actually running a boot camp today to address this...good luck!! He has become somewhat of a finicky eater...what he loves today, he might not touch tomorrow. A few of his favs are steak, any fruit, and G.G.'s oatmeal. He won't touch most any veggie, except corn on the cob and sometimes a pea or two. He's addicted to cartoons...Oswald being his favorite, followed by Little Bill and Max & Ruby. We try to leave the TV off because he goes into a catatonic state while watching and throws a fit when you change it...even if its been on for hours!!!

We adore this little guy and love watching him grow up...just don't grow up too fast, Parks!




1 comment:

natalienicole said...

mrs. amy...
parksey is brilliant! and no one (ok...no mother) would roll their eyes, because we're all obsessed with our "brilliant" babies; however my 2 year old has no idea that ABCs exist. sigh. he had 2 amazingly brilliant parents so his odds (and davis') are pretty high.
as i remind all my friends...great parents make great babies! you do such a wonderful job!
hope to see you guys soon!