Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pumpkin Patch


Pumpkin Patch, originally uploaded by amyezunker.

Last Sunday we made the hour trek with G.G. out to Medina to check out this pumpkin patch I've heard so much about. I must admit I was regretting the plans that morning, due to all of the "fun" had at Allison's party the night before. But once we got out there, I was pleasantly surprised to find ourselves in this Norman Rockwell type setting with pumpkins, ponies, food vendors and hayrides...I loved it! It was a fantastic afternoon with lots to see and do: Parks rode a pony...I couldn't believe he actually did it (he's known to balk at the last minute on things like this!), they held a baby chicken...poor chicken, ate some good ol' festival food on quaint little picnic tables, danced indian-style around inside of a teepee, wandered a maze made of hay bales, and lastly...picked out a couple of pumpkins for carving:)

No comments: